Take the Cheese Tour at Quicke’s and you will see from the ground up, how they craft the award-winning cheese on their farm in Devon. The tour includes learning how cheddar is made, exploring the ‘Cathedral of Cheese’ where huge truckles come of age and sampling their cheeses, before tucking into a delicious lunch.
- 10.00 am Meet in the car park at Quicke’s. Welcome talk and hear the intriguing history of the Quicke family.
- 10.15 am Step into our Dairy Viewing Room and learn how our cheesemakers expertly craft each truckle by hand. Please note: Due to scheduling, it is not always possible to see actual cheesemaking.
- Whilst in the Dairy Viewing room there will be a tutored tasting, where you’ll enjoy the complexity and diversity of the Quicke’s range.
- 11.00 am Whizz around our cheese stores and see how we age our clothbound cheddar, learn about our unique mould garden and the traditional skill of grading cheese.
- 11.30 am Take a guided tour of our farm. Visit the milking parlour and fields- and if you’re lucky, you’ll meet our world-famous Quicke’s cows.
- 12 pm Explore the Quicke’s Cheese Shop then make your way down to The Beer Engine for lunch.
- 12:30 pm After all that exploring and adventuring you’ll be ready for lunch. The Beer Engine will be serving up a seasonal two-course lunch, featuring Quicke’s cheese.
Friday 7th June 2024 10.00am – 1pm
Quicke’s run these tours several times a year, so if you can’t make this one, check out their other dates here.
Cost £45 per person