Quicke’s Cheese Tours: Home Farm Experience
See the art of making great cheese. With a unique behind the scenes experience day, we'll show you from the ground up how we craft world-class cheese.
About Quicke’s Cheese Tours: Home Farm Experience
HOME FARM EXPERIENCE
There’s a lot to pack into a day at Home Farm…
- 10.00am Meet at Home Farm and come to the Main Office. Welcome talk from Stuart Dowle and hear the intriguing history of the Quicke family.
- 10.30am Step into the Dairy Viewing Room and watch our cheese makers expertly craft each truckle by hand.
- 11.00am Whizz around our cheese stores and see how we age our clothbound cheddar, learn about our unique mould garden and the traditional skill of grading cheese.
- 11.30am Tuck into a tutored tasting where you’ll enjoy the complexity and diversity of the Quicke’s range.
- 12pm Take a guided tour of our farm. We’ll explain the unique macrobiotics of our soils and grasses, and why looking after our countryside is so important – and if you’re lucky, you’ll meet our world famous Quicke’s cows.
- 1pm Explore the shop then make your way down to The Beer Engine for lunch.
- After all that exploring and adventuring you’ll be ready for lunch. The Beer Engine will be serving up a seasonal two-course lunch, featuring Quicke’s cheese.