What will I learn?
Patrick’s Academy of Cheese Level One classes have been tailored specifically for online learning to be accessible to both UK and overseas delegates. Fun, interactive and packed with information, they draw on Patrick’s 15-year career in cheese, which has seen him visit and learn from the best cheesemakers, maturers and cheesemongers in the world.
The online cheese course is taught across three weekly webinars, hosted live by Patrick using powerpoint, video and interactive tasks. Students are taught in small groups of a maximum of ten in a virtual ‘classroom’ with participants able to ask questions and interact with each other and Patrick.
Tutored tastings are a key part of the course. We can deliver a tasting pack containing 10 cheeses to delegates in the UK. For delegates who prefer to source their own cheese and/or are based overseas, the course can be purchased without the cheese delivery option at a reduced rate.
Who should take part?
Anybody who loves cheese! Level One is popular with a huge range of people, including foodie members of the public, who want to increase their knowledge to share with friends and family, but also industry professionals: chefs, sommeliers, retailers, cheesemakers, wholesalers and food and drink writers.
The course is taught in English and is open to anyone on the planet. Patrick has welcomed delegates from countries including India, Nigeria, Singapore, Russia, Australia, France and the US.
- Three, two-hour webinars, taught by Patrick McGuigan 5.30pm-7.30pm (GMT)
- 11 cheeses delivered to your home by an award-winning cheesemonger (only for UK delegates who sign up for the full-price course). In addition, delegates will need to buy four easy-to-find cheeses themselves for the first class. Please note, many of the cheeses are made with raw milk and animal rennet and can’t be changed.
- The Academy of Cheese Delegates’ pack (pdf format for overseas participants). This includes the Level 1: 25 Cheese Profiles Book (written by Patrick) and Cheese Tasting Sheets
- 12 months’ subscription to the Academy of Cheese
- Access to the Academy of Cheese Level One Learning Road and Cheese Library
- The Level One Exam
- Upon successful completion of the exam you will also receive a pin badge designating you as an Academy of Cheese Associate and a professional certificate suitable for framing
What delegates are saying
”You have been a fantastic teacher! It has been a pleasure to share your experience and passion and I have appreciated your good sense of humour throughout. Thanks once again Master Gouda (like my Master Yoda)!” Stephaine H.
”Patrick is a walking cheese encyclopedia and, most importantly, he can teach.” Richard J.
”Huge thanks to Patrick for being an awesome online tutor!” Megan H.
Please note, once the course is booked it is non-refundable. All bookings are final, however, if you are unable to attend you can reassign your booking to a new available date or to another person. We require 14 days’ notice prior to original booking date.
We reserve the right to cancel a course at short notice should events beyond our control make this unavoidable. Should this occur, delegates will be offered a place on our next available scheduled course or a full refund.