What will I learn?
No2 has been established as Buckinghamshire’s Premier British Artisan Cheese & Wine shop since 2010. Our aim is to bring awareness about the process, history and importance of handmade cheese. This long established food source has been around for well over 8000 years. It now deserves real recognition. Thankfully The Academy of Cheese Course level One will bring you brilliant insight and understanding. Importantly the course will allow you to fully appreciate this exceptionally important food that predates recorded history.
James’ our course trainer and head of cheese, has a lifelong love of cheese that is truly infectious. This was born through a background of working and running some of the U.K.s foremost restaurants that include, Claridge’s, The Lanesborough, The Carlton Tower, Wilton’s in St James’s, Mark’s Club in Mayfair and Lutyens in Fleet Street. He now regularly travels the length and breadth of the British Isles to find, bring back and promote the most exceptional handmade cheese.
This Level One AOC course is built for online learning and packages are available for both the UK and overseas international delegates. The sessions will be fun, interactive and packed with information.
2021 Course dates all start at 6.30pm – 8.30pm and are ran over 3 nights.
Level One offers an introduction to cheese, suitable for those starting a career in cheese, or people who love cheese and are interested in expanding their passion. It is also ideal for restauranteurs, especially those in the front of house who will be able to learn how to talk about and present cheese confidently. The whole 3 day 2 hour courses have to be attended.
What is covered?
- Milk Production and Cheesemaking
- Maturing, Affinage and Grading
- Buying and Distribution
- Presenting and serving
- Communicating about cheese
- Cheese Industry Knowledge
- Regulation and Good Practice
- 25 Iconic Cheeses
- 12 cheeses will be delivered to your home (this is available only for UK mainland delegates). For delegates that prefer to source their own cheese or live overseas, the course can be purchased without the cheese delivery option.
- The Academy of Cheese Delegates’ pack (pdf format for overseas participants). This includes the Level 1: 25 Cheese Profiles Book and Cheese Tasting Sheets.
- 12 month’s subscription to the Academy of Cheese to complete your training.
- Access to the Academy of Cheese Level 1 online knowledge base, study materials and Cheese Library.
- The Level One Exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam you will also receive a pin badge designating you as an Academy of Cheese Associate and a professional certificate suitable for framing.
Delegate Ticket Price
- With 12 tasting Cheeses £175 (available for U.K. delegates only)
- Without Cheese £145 (accessible for overseas international delegates)
The Small Print… Cancellations/Refunds
We do not provide refunds once you have completed a booking. All bookings are final. However if you are unable to attend you can reassign your booking to another person – please let us know. We require 14 days’ notice prior to original booking date.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event at any point, in which case a full refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to alter price of the course at any time.