Academy of Cheese Project Manager
The Academy of Cheese is a diverse mix of talented individuals, with a wide range of experiences coming together to create something great. We’re passionate about what we do and we constantly strive to be better every day. We build teams for the long-term and look for opportunities to nurture (perhaps even mature) our staff. If you’re up for the challenge, you’ll find a rewarding home here with us.
Reporting to the Academy of Cheese Development working group (specifically Ros Windsor and Paul Thomas) via the Academy’s Operations Director Tracey Colley
From Spring 2022 on a part-time basis for 12 months. Hours required will be a budgeted number of days per week plus ad hoc extra work as agreed with Tracey Colley. There may be scope to continue after this time depending on the overall funding/evolution of the project.
In conjunction with the Academy of Cheese Development working group ensure the successful launch of the Level 3 & 4 development programme in stages starting from late summer 2022.
Content development and quality assurance
- Work with learning road contributors to support them delivering their first draft to time
- Manage contributions through the agreed quality assurance/review process on a timely basis
- Liaise with contributors to ensure feedback on content and written style is incorporated into the learning roads on a timely basis
- Liaise with contributors to ensure the learning road has sufficient visuals and all sources are clearly referenced
- Liaise with question writer to ensure we have appropriate module-end multi-choice questions
- If necessary copy write some of the content to optimise a consistent style across all modules
Learning road population
- Load contributors’ content to the learning road, ensuring that it is learner friendly in its layout and style
- In conjunction with the Academy development working group develop and set up the testing regime to support Level 3 & 4
Establish supporting courses/micro courses
- Identify Training Partners to train modules of the Level 3 & 4 learning road and assist them to launch appropriate courses (virtual or f2f)
- Work with Training Partners to launch micro courses that support cross sections of the learning road modules and launch a number in the first quarter of 2023
- Quality assure any new Training Partners
Initial launch of the programme
- Support the Directors to successfully launch the initial modules in Levels 3 & 4 in late summer/early autumn both in the UK and in other key markets
- Develop a project plan for the launch of later modules, to be completed by end 2023
Ongoing maintenance of Levels 1 & 2
- Ensure the build up in learning from Level 1 to Level 4 is seamless and never contradictory
- Update learning roads (and potentially exam questions) when notified that regulations/best practice etc etc have changed at any point.
The successful candidate will:
- Be knowledgeable about cheese and the cheese industry
- Have excellent communications skills
- Be very persuasive and persistent
- Have strong administrative skills
- Have initiative and be a self starter
- Be happy to work on their own.
This will be a self employed role and will suit someone with other interests or a portfolio career.
The rate per hour will be based on experience.
We anticipate that the successful candidate will work from home most of the time. They must be able to travel to other locations where necessary.