Learn to taste cheese like a pro.
Do you have a passion for cheese? Expand your knowledge with The Academy of Cheese level 1 course.
For all lovers of cheese, increase your knowledge to share with family & friends or to enhance your career. This course is an introduction to all types of cheese, cheese making and learning to taste cheese the Academy way.
Join Academy of Cheese® Training Partner Jonny Tyson as he takes you through the basics of how cheese is made, how to make a great cheese board selection and the flavours and profiles of the level one syllabus of 25 cheeses.
What to expect
The course is completed over three consecutive Tuesday evenings (7pm – 9pm), you will learn all about the world’s classic cheeses, how they are made, their history and what they taste like. We use specialist training materials from the Academy of Cheese, taste 12 classic cheeses and learn about cheese in a fun and friendly atmosphere.
- Tuesday 18th January 2022, 7pm – 9pm: Session 1
- Tuesday 25th January 2022, 7pm – 9pm: Session 2
- Tuesday 1st February 2022, 7pm – 9pm: Session 3
Unable to commit on the evening? No problem! Anyone registered for this tasting will gain access to the video recording of the live event, so you can always revisit any of these at anytime in the future – whether its because you missed participating in the live evening or if you want to revisit the presentation at a later date.
Who’s it for?
Anybody with an interest in Cheese! Level 1 is for anyone who wants to understand the basics of cheese and cheesemaking whether out of their own passion or as a stepping-stone in their career.
Is There An Exam?
Yes – Students may elect to sit the Academy of Cheese® Level 1 Associate exam after completing the course , however this exam can be completed online, at your home and at the convenience of the student. Anyone who successfully completes this exam will receive a certificate and badge – as well as the right to say they are qualified in cheese!
Will There Be Wine?
A tasting of 6 wines is included in the course fee – we are a wine school after all! While the focus of the day is very much on cheese, students will also have the opportunity to taste 6 wines during the course chosen specifically to help demonstrate cheese and wine pairing principles.
Please note that wine tasting is not an essential component to this course however, and if a student would like to attend the course without tasting any wine that is absolutely fine. Use the promotion code NO2WINE when completing your purchase, and £20 will be removed from your course fee.
Delivery of Cheese & Wine:
For this course, students will receive tasting kits with all 12x cheese samples and 50ml samples of the 6x wines tasted throughout the duration of this course.
- Tasting kit delivery can be made to anywhere within the UK. If you are interested in receiving the course tasting kits, however your delivery address is not within the UK, please get in touch BEFORE booking as depending where you are located, we may be able to still arrange delivery for an additional fee.
What’s Included in the Course Fee?
- 3x ‘live’ virtual lessons with a certified Academy of Cheese® Training Partner
- Taste 12 cheeses over the course
- Learn about 25 different cheese styles
- Taste 6 wines to learn about wine and cheese pairing principles
- Academy of Cheese printed delegate pack
- Hardcopy of the Level One Cheese book (detailing 25 different cheese styles)
- 12 month access to the Academy of Cheese online
- Access to online Learning Road and Cheese Library
- Level One Exam (taken online in your own time)
- Certificate and Pin Badge upon completion of the exam