Whether you are an amateur cheese enthusiast looking to learn more, or a professional already in the industry, the Level One course is open to everyone who wishes to develop a greater understanding and appreciation for cheese.
Our Cheese Specialist, Ben Hildreth, will guide you through the syllabus, including topics such as; how cheese is made, how to taste, describe and present cheese like an expert, and much more, to prepare you for your online Level One exam.
Who is the Level One course for? Everyone! Both cheese professionals already in the industry and amateur enthusiasts keen to learn more. The Level One Accreditation is the perfect course for progressing your knowledge.
Why study with The Fine Cheese Co?
- We have been cheesemongers and fine food specialists for over 30 years.
- We have close relationships with the cheesemakers we work with.
- You’ll have access to ongoing mentorship with one of our cheese specialists.
- Small course sizes – only 10 delegates per course.
- We are a retailer, wholesaler, importer, and exporter and have a wealth of knowledge in all areas of the cheese industry.
Ben Hildreth – Cheese Specialist
A judge at the International, British, and Artisan Cheese Awards, Ben is responsible for visiting our cheesemakers and hand-selecting the cheeses we supply. These visits allow us to know exactly how to mature and develop each cheese to perfection, and also what makes our producers’ cheeses so unique. Ben has worked in the cheese industry for almost 10 years and has experience in retail, quality management, as well as sourcing and selecting.