Do you like cheese but want to know more about where it comes from, how it’s made, how to look after it, and how to put together amazing cheeseboards?
This is where you get to learn more. Come to our classroom-based course at our shop in Chapel Allerton, Leeds. This Level One Academy of Cheese Associate Course starts at 09:30am and will finish circa 17:00, you’ll be led through the course by Stephen Fleming, the owner of George & Joseph.
Stephen brings a wealth of cheese knowledge and an unrivalled passion for cheese following over ten years of working in the cheese industry first with his local market stall, then setting up the bricks & mortar shop in Chapel Allerton in 2013.
Here’s what he has to say about the course:
“When I started my cheesemongers business 10 years ago I knew very little about cheese myself – my previous career was in IT – but I knew that I loved it and I wanted to learn more. I visited cheese makers, other cheesemongers, and read lots about cheese. I gradually built up a lot of knowledge as time went on.
I love sharing my knowledge with my customers, so when the Academy of Cheese was created a couple of years ago, I decided to become one of their certified trainers.”
The Level One (Associate) course is aimed at anyone who enjoys cheese – there are no prerequisites to taking part. It’s lots of fun, and there’s lots of cheese to try.
Over the course of the day, Stephen will share lots of his knowledge with you, including:
- The history of cheese, and what the future holds
- The different styles and types of cheese, how they are made and sold
- How to taste and appreciate different cheeses
- How to put together an amazing cheeseboard to impress your friends and family, as well as tips on pairing drinks with cheese
At the end of the course you get to take a 30-minute, multiple choice online exam. When you pass you’ll get a certificate and a highly coveted pin badge to show off your cheese expertise!
If you want to take your cheese education further you can continue to study Level Two, and Levels Three and Four are in the pipeline to help you become a Master of Cheese!
What’s included in the price?
- A classroom based course over 1 full day. Commencing at 9.30am until 5pm.
- Refreshments throughout the day and a light lunch will be provided.
- 12 different cheeses to taste.
- The Academy of Cheese Delegates pack
- Introduction to the Academy’s own Structured Approach to Tasting
- Access to the Level One online exam
Please note once the course is booked it is non-refundable. All bookings are final, however, if you are unable to attend you can reassign your booking to a new available date or to another person. We require 14 days’ notice prior to original booking date.
We reserve the right to cancel a course at short notice should events beyond our control make this unavoidable. Should this occur, delegates will be offered a place on our next available scheduled course or a full refund.