The Young Cheesemonger of the Year 2022 finals will take place during the World Cheese Awards to be held at International Conference Centre, Newport, Wales on 2nd November 2022.
Terms and Conditions
The promoter is: Academy of Cheese (company no.10184112) whose registered office is at 20 Kingsmead Business Park Gillingham Dorset SP8 5FB
The competition is open to all cheesemongers in the UK and overseas under the age of 30 on the date of the finals, except employees of Academy of Cheese and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to take part.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- The rules of the competition and how to enter are as follows:
- Entrants must complete the competition entry form or enter via the Academy of Cheese website before 23.59 on 9th September 2022
- The six finalists will need to travel by their own means to International Conference Centre, Newport, Wales on 2nd November 2022
- The finalists will be supplied with full joining instructions to compete and need to agree to these in advance.
- If a finalist cannot attend the next reserve finalist will be offered the place.
4 The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
5 The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
6 The prize is as follows: The winner shall receive a trophy; a feature in Fine Food Digest; a place on the Academy of Cheese Level Two Certification course (subject to completing the Level One course) and an invitation to the World Cheese Awards 2023. The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
7 The finalists will be notified by email and by a phone call before 30th September 2022. If the finalist cannot be contacted or cannot attend the finals, we reserve the right to withdraw the finalist and pick a replacement finalist.
8 The promoter will notify the finalists all the details for Finals Day.
9 The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
10 The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
11 The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
12 The winner’s name will be available 28 days after closing date by emailing the following address: email@example.com.