SHEEPtember -Cheese Pairings & Dairy-sheep Demonstrations
Join us for our business launch, a day exploring the lost Yorkshire Dales tradition of sheep dairying and farmhouse sheep’s cheese production as part of the Yorkshire Dales Cheese Festival.
About SHEEPtember -Cheese Pairings & Dairy-sheep Demonstrations
We will be demonstrating sheep milking and cheese making techniques, and talking about their journey into the world of dairy-sheep farming and cheese making, our principles of small-scale, ethical and sustainable production, and our plans for the future.
Alongside this, a group of fantastic new and local small businesses will present activities including working sheepdog demonstrations, cheese and beer pairings, an ice-cream stall, and tours of nearby Long Churn cave, home of the famous ‘cheese-press’ formation.
- Sheep milking demonstrations with Rachael of Long Churn – 14:30 & 17:00 – FREE
- Cheese making demonstrations with Sam of Long Churn – 15:00 & 17:30 – FREE
- Working sheepdog demonstrations with Amos of Winterburn Working Sheepdogs– Ongoing, main event at 16:00 – FREE
- Cheese & Beer pairings with Andy of The Courtyard Dairy using cheese from Long Churn and beer from Tom at Lamb Brewery, Littondale – 15:30 & 18:00 – £10
- Tours of Long Churn Cave and the Cheese-Press with Steph and Mike of Yorkshire Dales Guides – 9:30 & 13:00 – £25 – Note: the session will take around 3 to 4 hours in total, with 1 to 1.5hrs spent in the caves. Timings are such that cavers will arrive back in time for the cheese and beer pairings.
A hand-pump bar operated by Tom of Lamb Brewery and an ice-cream stall operated by Fiona of Bouncing Cow will be open throughout the day.
The event and most of the demonstrations are free of charge.
You only need to book if you wish to partake in a cheese and beer pairing, or if you want to attend a tour of Long Churn cave with Yorkshire Dales Guides. These are paid events which have a set allocation of places, so book soon to avoid disappointment!
To book a cheese and beer pairing at £10 per person, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject SHEEPtember.
Please specify the number of people attending and the time you wish to book. We will be in touch to confirm your place and to take payment. We can accept card payments over the phone, or bank transfers. If you are local, you can pay in cash at The Courtyard Dairy.
To book a tour of Long Churn cave at £25 per person, email Mike & Steph at email@example.com or call 01729 824455 for more information.
Note: the caving session will take around 3 to 4 hours in total, with 1 to 1.5 hours spent in the caves. Timings are such that cavers will arrive back in time for the cheese and beer pairings.