What will I learn?
Sam Wilkin, Head Cheesemonger for The Cheese Bar Group and long-term supporter and friend of Quicke’s, takes you on a journey from the comfort of your home, exploring everything from how cheese is made and how to taste like a pro to the history of cheese and the perfect drinks pairings. We’ll bring the unique Quicke’s Experience to you through film, from our lush Devon pastures and expertly bred cows to our heritage starters and hand cheddared, clothbound cheese. Most importantly you’ll get to taste a whole variety of cheeses, including our own, and discover new favourites.
The course has been tailored specifically for online learning making it accessible to both UK and overseas delegates. The sessions will be fun, interactive and packed with information.
“It’s about creating real status and acknowledgement of skills within the industry and beyond.” Mary Quicke MBE
In order to complete the course you must be able to attend all three dates on Zoom ( a Zoom link will be sent once booked) .
Who should take part?
Level One offers an introduction to cheese, suitable for those starting a career in cheese, or people who love cheese and are interested in expanding their passion.
Find out more about the Academy of Cheese: https://academyofcheese.org/vision/
- Two, two and a half hour webinars, taught by Sam Wilkin 6.00pm-8.30pm (GMT)
- 10 cheeses delivered to your home (only for UK delegates who sign up for the full-price course). For delegates who prefer to source their own cheese and/or are based overseas, the course can be purchased without the cheese delivery option at a reduced rate at the checkout.
- The Academy of Cheese Delegates’ pack (pdf format for overseas participants). This includes the Level 1: 25 Cheese Profiles Book and Cheese Tasting Sheets.
- 12 month’s subscription to the Academy of Cheese to complete your training.
- Access to the Academy of Cheese Level 1 online knowledge base, study materials and Cheese Library.
- The Level One Exam.
- Upon successful completion of the exam you will also receive a pin badge designating you as an Academy of Cheese Associate and a professional certificate suitable for framing.