What will I learn?
No2 has been established as Buckinghamshire’s Premier British Artisan Cheese & Wine shop since 2010. Our aim is to bring awareness about the process, history and importance of handmade cheese. This long established food source has been around for well over 8000 years. It now deserves real recognition.
James’ our course trainer and head of cheese, has a lifelong love of cheese that is truly infectious. This was born through a background of working and running some of the U.K.s foremost restaurants that include, Claridge’s, The Lanesborough, The Carlton Tower, Wilton’s in St James’s, Mark’s Club in Mayfair and Lutyens in Fleet Street. He now regularly travels the length and breadth of the British Isles to find, bring back and promote the most exceptional handmade cheese.
Delegates must have passed the Level One course before progressing to Level Two.
At Level 2 there are 9 core modules
1. Cheesemaking, the science and techniques
2. Maturing, Affinage & Grading, ageing, storing, recognising defects and grading.
3. Buying and distribution, choosing cheese ranges, logistics distribution, profit and costs
4. Presenting and serving, safe storage, cutting, discovering classics
5. Communicating, talk with confidence, health benefits, food and cheese pairings
6. Cheese industry knowledge, the evolution and current market trends
7. Regulation and good practice, HACCP, EHO, food labelling, recognising pathogens
8. Tasting, taste cheese professionally
9. Cheese library 100 iconic cheeses. Identify cheese, it’s characteristics make, post make etc
Who’s it for?
Professional cheesemongers, chefs deli managers and those who just love cheese and really want to get under the rind.
What’s included in the price?
- All Zoom training 5 nights in 2.5hr sessions.
- A tasting of 25 cheeses, or if you prefer to source your own cheese, or are joining from outside the UK, the course can be purchased without the cheese delivery at the reduced rate of £439
- The Academy of Cheese Delegates pack, including the 75 Level 2 Cheeses book, the Make Post-Make Model and Standard Approach to Tasting Cheese
- 12 month’s subscription to the Academy of Cheese
- Access to the Academy of Cheese Level 2 online knowledge base, study materials and Cheese Library
- The Level 2 exam
- The 5 webinars will start at 6.30pm and run through to 9pm
“One thing that has immediately changed as a direct result of James infectious passion is that I’ve started using “fancy” cheese for day-to-day uses. Maybe it’s a hangover from my upbringing but I always felt like it would be wrong to use a handcrafted, premium product to, say, make a toastie. That’s what Tesco’s own brand is for! But the day after the course finished I grated some of the leftover smoked cheddar into an omelette and it completely blew me away. It’s given me a whole new perspective on something that I previously saw only as a special treat, and for that I can’t thank you enough.” Alex Level 1 AOC February 21’
The Small Print… Cancellations/Refunds
We do not provide refunds once you have completed a booking. All bookings are final. However if you are unable to attend you can reassign your booking to another person – please let us know. We require 14 days’ notice prior to original booking date.
- We reserve the right to cancel the event at any point, in which case a full refund will be given.
- We reserve the right to alter price of the course at any time.