What will I learn?
The Irish School of Cheese, Academy of Cheese, Level 1 is hosted by Avril Molloy, one of the foremost experts in artisan, farmhouse cheese in Ireland.
You will learn about the world of 25 of the World’s most iconic cheeses online, at the comfort and safety of our own laptop. The course is structured in a fun way to include group exercises, videos, group discussions and lots of cheese tasting.
The course fee includes:
- Three x 2.5 hour online lessons over three consecutive weeks delivered over Zoom by me;
- 11 cheeses delivered to your door if you choose the ‘including cheese’ option in the course booking (Ireland & UK addresses);
- Delegates who choose the ‘without cheese’ course will be sent a list of the cheeses they will need and advice how to buy them;
- The Academy of Cheese Delegate pack, including their book of 25 Level 1 cheeses and Academy branded tasting notes, tasting wheel and Standard Approach to Tasting sheets;
- One year’s access to the Academy of Cheese website including the Cheese Library of 300 cheeses;
- Personal login to the Academy’s online study tool the ‘Learning Road’ which tracks your progress through the syllabus;
- Access to the Level 1 online exam of 30 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes;
- Upon successful passing of the exam, you will receive a frame-able certificate and pin badge;
- A maximum of 10 people per course.
- Previous delegates include any who just loves cheese, friends wanting a pick-me-up in lockdown, work colleagues, chefs, food bloggers, wine experts, food wholesale and retailers. This course is suitable for anyone simply wants to take their enjoyment and knowledge to a more confident level, in a fun and relaxed environment.
Praise for Irish School of Cheese, Academy of Cheese courses
“wanna know more about cheese? Avril is 100% the woman to look after you”
“many thanks for delivering a fantastic cheese course!”
“what a pleasure to work with Avril Molloy”
“for all your cheese inspiration follow Irish School of Cheese”
Please note, once the course is booked it is non-refundable. All bookings are final, however, if you are unable to attend you can reassign your booking to a new available date or to another person. We require 14 days’ notice prior to original booking date.
We reserve the right to cancel a course at short notice should events beyond our control make this unavoidable. Should this occur, delegates will be offered a place on our next available scheduled course or a full refund.