What will I learn?
The Irish School of Cheese, Academy of Cheese, Level 1 online course is suitable for anyone who loves cheese! Previous delegates include cheese lovers from around the World, chefs, sommeliers, hospitality industry and foodservice specialists, café and delicatessen owners. All are welcome.
The course is a great way to brighten up an evening in the comfort of your own home or direct to your pc no matter where you are.
Learn about the world of 25 of the World’s most iconic cheeses on a date that suits you, perhaps even join up with friends.
The course is structured in a fun way to include group exercises, videos, slide presentation, group discussions and lots of cheese tasting.
The course fee includes:
- Three 2.5 hours session over three weeks delivered over Zoom by Avril Molloy;
- 11 cheeses delivered to your door (Republic of Ireland only) if you choose the ‘including cheese’ option in the course booking;
- Delegates who choose the ‘without cheese’ course will be sent a list of the cheeses they will need;
- The Academy of Cheese Delegate pack, including their book of 25 Level 1 cheeses and Academy branded tasting notes, tasting wheel and Standard Approach to Tasting sheets;
- One year’s access to the Academy of Cheese website including the Cheese Library containing 100’s of cheeses;
- Personal login to the Academy’s online study tool the ‘Learning Road’ which tracks your progress through the syllabus;
- Access to the Level 1 online exam of 30 multiple choice questions in 30 minutes;
- Upon successful passing of the exam, you will receive a frame-able certificate and pin badge;
- A maximum of 10 people per course.
Please note, once the course is booked it is non-refundable. All bookings are final, however, if you are unable to attend you can reassign your booking to a new available date or to another person. We require 14 days’ notice prior to original booking date.
We reserve the right to cancel a course at short notice should events beyond our control make this unavoidable. Should this occur, delegates will be offered a place on our next available scheduled course or a full refund.