What will I learn?
A UK recognised certfication and the first of four levels which leads to the highly qualified, industry accredited, ‘Master of Cheese’. The Academy of Cheese has been set-up to ensure greater respect and recognition for the valuable contribution that cheese makes to our lives – culturally, socially and economically.
Cheese+ objective is to promote cheese quality, provenance and range to a wide audience of enthusiasts, cheesemongers, producers and chefs; both in the UK and overseas.
It culminates in the highly qualified and industry accredited role of Master of Cheese. The programme will build knowledge and skills from cheesemaking through affinage to selling to consumers – in both retail and food service environments.
By acknowledging those who have undertaken the courses – from Level One through to Level Four’s Master of Cheese – we aim to ensure greater respect and recognition for the valuable contribution that cheese makes to our lives – culturally, socially and economically.
WHAT DOES THE ASSOCIATE LEVEL ONE TRAINING PROGRAMME DELIVER?
- The History of Cheese
- How cheese is made and matured
- Understand and putting in to practice ‘A structured way to try cheese’.
- Learn about 25 key cheeses, many of which you will be sampling on the course
- How to select & present cheese, and match with the perfect cheese companions
- Presented by our cheese experts, this one-day course includes plenty of cheese to taste, the Academy of Cheese delegate pack, access to the online training materials & examination, a light lunch and refreshments.
- All courses are non-refundable