What will I learn?
Based in Hong Kong, Cheese and Wine HK was set up by Ivy Ng in 2018. Ivy is an independent educator in cheese and wine with a wealth of experience in curating creative and educational themed tastings and learning experiences. Ivy is a Certified WSET Educator, a Bourgogne Wines Ambassador and an Advanced Sake Sommelier. An alumnus of Academie MonS and a Member of the Academy of Cheese, Ivy is an Accredited Trainer to deliver the Academy’s Level 1 Associate and Level 2 Member courses (latter to be offered in 2021).
At Cheese & Wine HK, the Level 1 course is taught over 3 sessions, each around 2 hours long. It is suitable for geeky cheese lovers as well as industry professionals who wish to step up their knowledge of cheese and learn how to communicate more effectively about it.
The course features:
- A tutored tasting of 18 cheeses from the Academy’s list of 25 cheeses. Virtual Learners will receive cheese delivery at least 2 days before the course.
- 12-month subscription to The Academy of Cheese, the online learning road and cheese library with over 150 cheeses
- Academy of Cheese delegate pack
- Cheese and beverage pairings for in classroom learners. Virtual learners have the option to either include or exclude the specially selected beverage set in their course fee.
- Choice of tutorial language from English or Cantonese/Putonghua
- Certified accreditation as an Associate of the Academy after achieving the pass mark at an online assessment
- Course will be held in both classroom (location in Sheung Wan) or virtual settings (via Zoom)
Minimum of 4 participants required per course.
Course Dates, Costs and Time:
Classroom learning is suspended for the time being until further notice. Please contact email@example.com for updated information.
Course Price including cheese and delivery: HK$ 2,900 per person
Course Price including cheese, beverage set and delivery: HK$ 4,200 per person
Saturday Afternoons: 12/9, 19/9, 26/9 (15:30 – 17:30 HKT) Course Code: VL1AC12092020 Deadline for registration: 28 August
Tuesday Evenings: 1/9, 8/9, 15/9 (19:30 – 21:30 HKT) Course Code: VL1AC01092020 Deadline for registration: 17 August
Course Bookings – contact Ivy at firstname.lastname@example.org or whatsapp 60820482 for all course bookings, inquiries and payments