What will I learn?
What will you learn?
You will learn about all the families of cheeses, how to taste them and how they are made. The Level 1 Academy of Cheese is an introduction to the universe of cheese, including elements of cheese history, good practice and practical cheese serving skills.
Cheese is primarily a pleasure, and the day is sociable, educational and full of enthusiasm.
Who’s it for?
Anybody with an interest in Cheese. The Academy programme progresses from Level 1 to Level 4 the Master of Cheese. Level 1 is for
- people who need to understand the broad basics of cheese and cheesemaking for their career
- people who just love cheese and want to get more pleasure from it, and
- wine lovers who want to know more about wine’s best friend.
What’s included in the price?
For Level 1, you get
- A full day’s learning about cheese, including lunch
- Tutored tasting of 14 cheeses
- The Academy of Cheese Delegates pack, including the 25 Level 1 Cheeses book, the Make Post-Make Model and Standard Approach to Tasting Cheese
- Cheese and wine matching for 4 wines and cheeses
- 12 month’s subscription to the Academy of Cheese
- Access to the Academy of Cheese Level 1 online knowledge base, study materials and Cheese Library
- The Level 1 exam
The programme will start at 9.30am and run through to 4.30pm
Who am I?
I am a cheese expert and international cheese judge and one of the authors of the Level 1 Academy of Cheese programme. I have run my own cheesemongers for 15 years.